The vision of Ridgway High School is to provide a variety of educational opportunities necessary for students to acquire knowledge and skills in a safe and supportive environment. We encourage students to maintain daily attendance, academic achievement, and positive attitudes while respecting themselves and others.
- We believe in the potential and worth of each student as a unique individual.
- We believe education is the key to success in life.
- We believe students and staff should be active participants in the educational process.
- We believe students and staff should be thoughtful and caring individuals.
- We believe educational success depends on emphasizing the positive characteristics of individuals.
- We believe students and staff should accept responsibility for their actions.
Ridgway High School offers a unique alternative opportunity for
nontraditional learning students to complete the requirements for a
diploma and prepare for post high school plans. At Ridgway we offer a
variety of programs designed to meet the needs of today’s students on a
modern and state of the art campus. We offer flexible scheduling,
variable credit, and a full catalog of elective
classes. The Ridgway program includes an independent study program and
night school classes in Cyber High and English.
At Ridgway all students can learn and succeed, but not on the same day in the same way. Ridgway High School creates avenues for student success by stressing positive attitudes, regular attendance and academic achievement. The school enables students to continue their education when they have not been successful in the traditional educational system. Our high expectations hold students accountable to essential academic standards and rigorous graduation requirements. In addition to the Junior College Pathway, our school has developed two career pathways: computers and information technology and fine arts.
The Ridgway High School staffs are highly qualified and dedicated professionals who are the backbone of a school that has been recognized by the California Department of Education as a model school since 1997. Ridgway is a truly unique and progressive alternative for students struggling in the comprehensive high school model.